Friday, November 02, 2007

In the Afterlife...

I never want to wake up thinking there's a good reason for the existance of Hell, but sometimes at the end of the day it seems like a good idea. And as much as I forgive (because I have to) and pray for their conversion (because there is no end to eternity) the idea of eternal separation from lying, deceitful, treacherous people...hey, where do I sign up?

I know that I'm not perfect, I'm a sinner just like everybody else, but I do repent for my sins and feel genuinely sorrowful when I hurt another person. I don't understand people who don't behave that way. I don't understand people who feed off of anger and hatred, such negative emotions.

There's this illusion out there that Hell won't be such a bad place, I guess the Devil has a hell of a PR machine. LOL. But, if you look to the Biblical portrayls of Hell- in this case I'm thinking the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, it doesn't seem so great.

See, Lazarus was a leper, he had no place to stay and no food, while the rich man had an abundance of everything. Lazarus slept in the doorway of the rich man's house where dogs would frequently lick his sores as he slept. Not even a scrap of food for poor Lazurus. Lazarus died and was carried by angels to the bosom of Abraham. The rich man died too and was buried, but not so lucky, he went to Hell. And let me tell you, Hell really sucked. While in Hell, the rich man saw Lazarus with Abraham, (this was all happening while he -the rich man- was being tormented BTW) and he had the nerve to ask Lazarus for water (as if, right!). And this... this is what Abraham said, "Child, remember that during your lifetime you received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in agony. Besides all this, between you and us a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who might want to pass from here to you cannot do so, and no one can cross from there to us.'"

Something to keep in mind the next time someone cracks a joke about Hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home