Thursday, November 08, 2007

Gay marriage

Alot of people are turned off from Christianity because of institutions of the church. The church is comprised of human mortals, and is subject to the failings of human mortals. I would identify myself primarily as a Christian, secondarily a Catholic. Catholicism is just my coloring book, Christianity, my crayons. I am a child of God.

Some people were born attracted to the same sex. While it may seem cosmically unfair, it is true. And the feelings that they have are love feelings. So, why should they be deprived of the rights and respect of a formal marriage. Yes, a marriage in God's eyes. He sees everything, so why wouldn't it be. Till death do us part.

Lust is always wrong, it doesn't matter if you're gay or straight. Love is never wrong.

There is a difference between self love and vanity. Self love is unconditional love of your self and self forgiveness for your faults. Vanity is a horse of a different color. Vanity is an excessive self "love," actually I in this instance I would like to replace the word Love with Pride. Pride is a sin. Actually, one of the 7 deadly sins. Did you know that some people still believe in the 7 deadly sins? Man, that is so OT (Old Testament).

See, when Jesus came, he changed all of that. All that is asked is a belief that He died (a horrible, painful death) for your sins. Does that really seem so hard to do? I mean really. Let me add that it helps to have a broken and contrite heart.

There is a popular saying going around these days,"Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." How true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home