Monday, November 12, 2007

The Three Tenors of Soul



I was listening to NPR (National Public Radio for those who don't know) on the way home from the mall with my friend Paula today. While we were driving, we caught the tail end of a story about the upcoming album by the 3 Tenors of Soul (All the Way from Philadephia). The 3 Tenors is a group comprised of 3 very prominent soul tenors: the Stylistics’ Russell Thompkins Jr., Blue Magic’s Ted Mills and the Delfonics’ William Hart.

It piqued my interest because I was only recently introduced to the Stylistics. A guy whom I was in love with sent me the syrupy sweet "I Can't Give You Anything But My Love." Needless to say, I was shocked when this same guy told me to "marry a rich man" after we had just been intimate.

The Delfonics are best known for their song, "Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home