Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More on humility

A while ago I posted on the topic of humility but I never finished it. I'm going to try and tell you where, how and why I strayed when I did. I will post that tonight, but first I'd like to share a passage from Proverbs.

Proverbs (12:1)

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.

I have to admit, I was stupid for a little while. Stupid and proud. When Jesus corrected me, at first I was offended. Then I started to catalog my behavior which I will go into more detail tonight, here's an example: I used to always say I was 10 lbs. under what I actually was and I did the same thing with my IQ, I gave myself an extra 10 points because I went through the test so fast, it was my compensation. I thought people would like me better if I was thinner and smarter (I used to have a really big complex about my own intelligence), but then I realized that people should like me for who I am and not my statistics.

By the way, I have had my share of sins, some MUCH worse than that. But Jesus has forgiven me and He can forgive you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home