Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven

Well, they should!

Let me just quote 1 Corinthians 2:9 "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him." And, well, I love Him and I know it's a tricky situation for those "worldly" people among us because of their lack of believing in what they can't hear, see or touch.

So, instead of looking smug, Mr. James Hetfield, Mr. Michael Stipe, Mr. Chris Martin, Mr. Bernard Sumner (I really could go on and on), you should be repenting. Of course, this would require a major turnaround in lifestyle habits and way of life, but ultimately wouldn't it be worth it? I have to say, Michael Stipe you do come across a bit self-important when you say "the future is ours and you don't even rate a footnote," because sure, you're in Rolling Stone, the New York Times, blah, blah, blah...but is your name written in the Book of Life? I don't really know how old you are, Michael Stipe, but you're probably pretty close to 60, so what, another 10 years in the limelight? Don't you think it's time for a change? I'm sure you probably don't like it being said to you, but it's the truth and they say "the truth will set you free." I only tell you because I care. Last week I was PMSing and I got a little frustrated with my situation but honestly I don't want you to die, I'd rather that you change. I don't always say the right thing, but I'm quick to repent for it.

I'm never most likely going to be formally recognized by the Church as being a Saint, but ultimately I will become a saint in Heaven because that's what the citizens of Heaven are called. Wouldn't you like to come too? I had to ask my friend who teaches Bible school what the female saints did to compose themselves when they were PMSing. But he didn't know. But I do love my enemies.

Honestly, I don't mind dying in obscurity because I know where I'm going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home