Thursday, August 28, 2008

On losing weight

I've battled my weight ever since I was a kid. I go through phases of being extremely active, then extremely inactive. There was a point in time when I was really, really motivated and I was staying at the gym for over 2 hours at a time. I saw this chick in the gym (with her personal trainer) and she was doing push up with claps in between. That's what I would like to be, the picture of physical endurance.

I've prayed about it, but not consistently. For the longest time I tried to write it off because the phrase "my grace is sufficient for you" kept running through my head. I had a concordia, so I looked it up. It's the story where Paul has a thorn in his hand and he prayed about it 3 times, but God left it in there because he didn't want Paul to get proud. (I thought God didn't want me to lose weight!)

However, I'm going to try again and here is my perspective: If I'm going to clothed in glory, sweetheart, I want to make sure that it fits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home