Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Chungking Express


One of the great titles to make it out of Quentin Tarantino's Rolling Thunder film series. I watched it one night over a bottle of wine (and I made spanakopita- from scratch) with my friend Ni.

Such a charming film, I remember it mostly for it's use of color, motion and of the song "California Dreamin" by the Mamas and the Papas. I didn't remember the bit about the pineapples, but found this great quote from the film on IMDB.

He Zhiwu, Cop 223:
"We split up on April Fool's Day. So I decided to let the joke run for a month. Every day I buy a can of pineapple with a sell-by date of May 1. May loves pineapple, and May 1 is my birthday. If May hasn't changed her mind by the time I've bought thirty cans, then our love will also expire."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home