Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Learning

A while ago I flew to California to meet a guy I met online.  He was a budding screenwriter and told me that he would teach me how to write.  He intrigued me because he had a foot fetish and I wanted to know what that was all about.  I had written about foot fetishes (as a joke) in my first attempted screenplay, Ad Nauseum.  The object of the main character's affection was dating a foot model (seen only as a foot). I later destroyed that screenplay, leaving nothing behind except for a few locations that I had shot and memories of lines I had written.  Which I should destroy as well.

He was a lapsed Catholic from a religious, Hispanic family.  He was also gay, but he was ashamed of it.  He asked me to call him a faggot (which I refused to do).  He told me a story about a time when a former lover locked him outside of his house, leaving him naked with only a dog collar on (he slept in the doghouse that night).  A kind, Christian neighbor came to his aide asking no questions and passing no judgements.  He saw her as a beacon.

Why did he have a foot fetish? Because he had feelings of inadequacy within his own masculinity.  I no longer think that foot fetishes are funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home