Monday, September 01, 2008

Embracing the Mystical Experience

It scares people, it really does.

A lot of people out there who claim to be Christian would call me crazy for having had a mystical experience. The truth is, there are a lot of Doubting Thomas's out there. Now, I didn't know it was a mystical experience until I read Mary as Seen By the Mystics and heard Tessa Bielecki's Wild At Heart, I just kind of buried them in my memory. But, if Jesus was going to scold someone don't you think it would be appropriate if it were to happen amidst a giant cover-up? Now, I certainly wasn't praying for it (but I was praying) and honestly part of me wishes He would have kept it to Himself, no one likes being scolded. Although, had it not happened, I don't think I would have had the perspective that I now do about my life. And, it has been a great comfort to me in times of distress, even though He was critical. Especially when I think about Greg Laurie's radio program and the series he did on Moses (I am the God of second chances).

My uncle, my Godfather, was ordained a Baptist minister. He received his calling through the earphones that were hooked up to his stereo (it paints such a cool picture). No one questions him, or at least I never did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home