Friday, August 29, 2008

Why I feel compassion for satanists

Well, it's all based on the series of experiences I've had.

I know, not all satanists are made the same but let me share notes on the ones I've met.

Some are lured in by the fashion, they enjoy wearing the darker colors. I used to, mostly because the hue (or in the world of art, lack of hue) black, is slimming.

White magic, ouija boards, psychics are all seen as novelties at least in the American landscape. However, they are spiritually damaging and are denounced in Scripture. It's a slippery slope argument, when they realize they're in it, they're told it's too late. It's not too late.

Many of them were abused as children and identify with albums like Slipknot's "All Hope is Gone." To which I have to say,if you have Christ, you will always have hope. They think that no one else understands their pain and become trapped in a cycle of abuse. Who better than Jesus would understand betrayal and abuse?

Some of them just wanted to be popular. Satan took Jesus to a mountain top and offered him the world. What makes you think things have changed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home