Monday, June 16, 2008

God is my helper

Yesterday, I read in church. I read in church every now and then as a lector. Well, yesterday this either severely mentally ill person, person with a demon or a very good actor sat next to me (I'm pretty sure it was on purpose). He didn't make much sense at all, kept talking about liquid gold in Palo Alto, making jokes about Father John (who wasn't even there) and he even had the nerve to try and kiss me. Anyway, to say the least, I was a little distraught. But you know what? I went up there and read anyway, made it through my reading just fine, the only part I slipped up on was I was anxious to say "Thanks be to God," instead of "The word of the Lord." When I got back to my seat and pulled out my hymnal, I opened it to page 66 (pretty cool, huh?) On page 66 the Psalm at the top is Psalm 121.

Here is Psalm 121

I lift my eyes to the hills---
from where will my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made the heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
He who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade at your right hand,
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
He will keep your life.
The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in
from this time on and forevermore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home