Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cultivating Meekness

I get so angry sometimes and outraged at the way I've been treated (mostly because I know I am not alone in my experience of genocide. It's happening all over. Probably a lot happens in California), that I come across as the antithesis of meek. I make little jokes up to amuse myself as to not focus on the severe internal pain that I get put through on a daily basis.

I was talking back and forth about the topic of cultivating meekness at work. To my surprise, I was enlightened by a girl with downs syndrome. I realize that my experiences have brought me to a place where I was open to receiving, one of my aunt's has a severe case of downs syndrome. Her case is not as severe, in fact, she is at the trainable level (which is why she works with me), yet she was able to clearly articulate to me, specifically when I mentioned cultivating meekness (I wouldn't think she would even be able to comprehend on such a level). Talk about a lesson in humility!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home